Established by a duo of experienced, dedicated psychologists in 2014, Cause Effect Psychology has quickly gained a reputation for providing high-quality psychology services for many clients and businesses across Queensland.
Cause Effect Psychologists hold a minimum six years of tertiary training. We are Masters-level qualified, registered psychologists with a combined 80 years of post-academic experience. We cater for clients with diverse needs and backgrounds and as such, we are trained across a number of therapeutic interventions. These include Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Motivational Interviewing (MI), Mindfulness, Gottman Couples and Marital Therapy (our marriage and relationship Psychologists are Certified Gottman Marital Therapists), Emotion Focused Therapy (EFT), Mindfulness, Solution-Focused interventions, Interpersonal Therapy, and many more based on the areas of furthered professional development by each psychologist (i.e. DBT, clinical hypnosis, EMDR, Schema Therapy, etc).
Our confidential services assist adults, couples, adolescents (16 + years) and employees. Our team are empathetic, down to earth and flexible in their approach. They tailor their counselling style to suit the individual or partnership they are working with.
Cause Effect Psychologists are able to assist clients with a variety of issues including:
- Anxiety Disorders
- Depression / Mood Disorders
- Stress and Burnout
- Relationships & Marital Issues
- Trauma / PTSD
- Grief and loss
- Self-esteem and shame
- Pregnancy and post-natal issues
- Parenting and attachment
- Chronic Pain
- Anger management
- Life transitions and adjustments
- Weight management
- Behavioural concerns
- Bullying and harassment
- Vocational support / Career guidance
- Life coaching
Cause Effect Psychology also provide a range of boutique organisational development services. These include executive coaching, leadership competency development, psychological assessment, conflict management and mediation services and strategic human resources consulting services to businesses across Australia. In addition, we provide Employee Assistance Program (EAP) support for small-to-medium sized businesses to assist with employee mental health and wellbeing.
What We Stand For.
- Cause Effect Psychologists create positive growth and change for our clients;
- We build strong therapeutic alliances and apply evidence-based treatment approaches in a flexible manner to meet the individual needs of each client;
- We continue to provide a professional service through our commitment to continuous improvement, learning, supervision and development;
- Our team value being responsive, easy to work with and outcomes-focused.