Kasia is a fully registered Senior Organisational Psychologist who has provided professional counselling services for over ten years. With postgraduate qualifications from the University of Queensland, Kasia is a current member of the Australian Psychological Society (MAPS), a Fellow of the College of Organisational Psychologists (FCOP), and an accredited psychology supervisor (STAP).
Kasia is an approved provider for Medicare, Department of Veterans’ Affairs, VVCS, NDIS and WorkCover QLD. Kasia also consults for many nationwide specialists and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) providers to support individuals and workplaces.
Kasia builds authentic, compassionate connections with her clients to best serve their needs and desired treatment outcomes. She shows a commitment to each and every client to meet them at their level and work collaboratively towards the changes and they desire.
While Kasia counsels across the spectrum of mental health complaints, her specialty areas include:
- Anxiety disorders (i.e. GAD, phobias, OCD, panic)
- Mood disorders (i.e. depression, dysthymia, bipolar)
- Relationship and marital counselling
- Work / academic stress and burnout
- Trauma: Acute Stress Disorder (ASD) and Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Kasia is widely trained and does not follow any one type of therapeutic framework for her clients. She prefers to adjust her style and strategies to the presenting needs of the client.Kasia has undertaken the following professional training to support this flexibility in her approach.
- Certified Cognitive Behaviour Therapist (CBT)
- Certified Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapist (REBT)
- Level 3 Trained Practitioner in Gottman Method Couples Therapy
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) for adolescents
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Motivational Interviewing (MI)
- Formal training in Prolonged Exposure Therapy (PET)
- Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
- Conflict Resolution Therapy
- Emotionally Focused Therapy (ACEFT Externship)