Certified Gottman Therapist (CGT) STAP-Accredited Supervisor
Days of work: Tuesday, Thursday, Friday (Telehealth),
**To ensure quality and consistency in managing her current clients’ treatment needs, Kasia is currently unable to accept new individual referrals**
Kasia (pronounced ‘Kar-sha’ for those playing at home) is a fully registered Principal Organisational Psychologist who has provided professional counselling services for 12+ years. With postgraduate qualifications from the University of Queensland, Kasia is a current member of the Australian Psychological Society (MAPS), a Fellow of the College of Organisational Psychologists (FCOP), and an accredited psychology supervisor (STAP).
Kasia is an approved provider for Medicare and a range of occupational and leadership psychological assessments. She consults at the organisational level and provides executive coaching programs, leadership development and role-based competency assessments to support professional insight and growth.
Kasia builds authentic, compassionate connections with her clients to best serve their needs and desired treatment outcomes. She shows a commitment to each and every client to meet them at their level and work collaboratively towards the changes and they desire.
While Kasia counsels across the spectrum of mental health complaints, her specialty areas include:
- Relationship, pre-marital and marital counselling (Certified Gottman Therapist/ Emotion-Focused Therapy informed)
- Work / academic stress and burnout
- Anxiety disorders (i.e. GAD, phobias, panic)
- Self-esteem / self-identity issues
- Grief & adjustment to life transitions (i.e. loss of loved one/s; separation and divorce; redundancy; illness and injury; parenting; financial loss; etc.)
- Professional supervision for employed mental health professionals
Kasia also provides vocational assessments (i.e. career / academic guidance, assessment and support). Kasia does not specialise in medico-legal reporting, insurance claims, functional or forensic assessments and will generally decline such referrals. It is important that clients seek out appropriately qualified and specialised practitioners for these services.
Kasia is widely trained and does not follow any one type of therapeutic framework for her clients. She prefers to adjust her style and strategies to the presenting needs of the client.Kasia has undertaken the following professional training to support this flexibility in her approach.
- Certified Gottman Therapist (CGT)
- Certified Cognitive Behaviour Therapist (CBT)
- Certified Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapist (REBT)
- Emotionally Focused Therapy (ACEFT Externship)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) for adolescents
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Motivational Interviewing (MI)
- Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
- Solutions-focused therapy
- Supervisor Training and Approval Program (STAP) Accredited Training