Certified Gottman Therapist (CGT) STAP-Accredited Supervisor
Days of work: In-clinic Tuesdays & Thursdays. Telehealth sessions Wednesdays & Fridays.
** February 2024 Kasia will be able to waitlist new couples requiring therapy
Kasia (pronounced ‘Kar-sha’) is a fully registered Principal Organisational Psychologist who has provided professional counselling services for 16+ years. With postgraduate qualifications from the University of Queensland, Kasia is a current member of the Australian Psychological Society (MAPS), a Fellow of the College of Organisational Psychologists (FCOP), and an accredited psychology supervisor (STAP).
Kasia builds authentic, transparent, compassionate connections with her clients to best serve their needs and desired treatment outcomes. She shows a commitment to each and every client to meet them at their level and work collaboratively towards desired therapy goals.
Kasia’s specialty areas include:
- Relationship, marital, pre-marital and discernment counselling (Certified Gottman Therapist (CGT) and professionally skilled in Emotion-Focused Therapy for Couples (EFT-C) and Schema Therapy for Couples (ST-C)
- Immersive therapy for distressed couples (2+ day therapy programs)
- Neurodiversity affirming clinician who provides ADHD / ASD / Anxiety behavioural coaching for adults aged 21yrs + with a formal diagnosis. (* From February 2024, Kasia will be able to provide psychological assessment and diagnosis of Adult ADHD and ASD)
- Stress, strain and burnout related to personal & / or professional stressors and their holistic impact. Kasia is trained in a variety of biofeedback interventions aimed to improve mind-body connection and wellness.
- Professional supervision for mental health professionals including registered psychologists as well as therapists specialising in relationship and couples therapy including The Gottman Method.
Kasia’s passion for learning has resulted in her being widely trained and open-minded. Her drive and conscientious nature means she commits herself to mastery and excellence in her career. Her ability to conjure novel and descriptive metaphors and analogies is a well-celebrated craft by her clients. Kasia’s easy and empathetic style settles nerves and apprehension rather quickly. Her professionalism, pragmatism and unrelenting focus to therapeutically address ‘the core of any issue’ allows her clients to feel emotionally safe, seen, and assured they are in good hands early on.
Kasia has undertaken the following professional training and formal certification allowing her to adjust her style and technique to the presenting needs of the couple or client:
- Certified Gottman Therapist (CGT)
- Supervisor Training and Approval Program (STAP) Accredited (2015)
- Certified Cognitive Behaviour Therapist (CBT)
- Adult ADHD/ ASD Behavioural Coach (Individual and Group Programs)
- Emotionally Focused Therapy for Couples (ACEFT Externship)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Motivational Interviewing (MI)
- Schema Therapy (ST)
- HeartMath Institute Training
Please note, Kasia does not provide medico-legal reporting, insurance claims, functional or forensic assessments and will generally decline such referrals and requests. It is important that clients seek out appropriately qualified and specialised practitioners for these services.
For marital and relationship therapy, Kasia provides a minimum of 2hr sessions in the treatment phase. She will likely recommend more intensive therapy / immersive programs for couples in distress to help create meaningful shift as soon as practicable.
Medicare do not currently offer rebate on couples counselling with a psychologist and GP Mental Health Care Plans can not be used to provide session rebates for couples treatment sessions. Most private health funds DO provide rebates for such services.